If you have symptoms, have had confirmed contact with someone who has symptoms or are aged under 16 contact the Sexual Health Service on 01382 425 542 straight away to make an in-person appointment. Lines are open 9 am to 12 noon.
Symptoms may include:
- pain when you pee
- pain during sex
- discharge from the penis or vagina which is not normal for you
- itching, burning or tingling around the genitals
- blisters, sores, spots or lumps around the genitals or anus
- pain low down in your tummy
- irregular bleeding between your periods or after sex
- pain in your testicles
If you don’t have any symptoms we offer…
Home STI Self Sampling Kits
You can test for the most common sexually transmitted infections (STIs) on your own rather than going to a sexual health clinic if you do not have symptoms. This is known as self-sampling. If done correctly, it can be just as reliable as getting tested at a sexual health clinic. The STIs that you can test for include:
Check out our video to help you take a self sample.
We also have answers to some FAQs below: