The SHBBV Managed Care Network delivers training throughout the year with the aim to develop a confident & competent workforce.
You can download our Sexual Health and Blood Borne Virus Training Programme April 2022 – March 2023 here
Our training is available for clinical & non-clinical professionals across all agencies and where appropriate volunteers, other members of the public & specific groups as detailed in the training courses’ descriptions. Currently, our training courses are only available to participants within the area of Tayside.
Besides online training, this programme contains some face to face courses. Safety of tutors and participants is of great concern to us, so if you or members of your household test positive for COVID-19 on LFD or PCR, please ensure you follow the latest Scottish Government’s guidance around isolation. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
After completing your training, you will be requested to complete an online course evaluation survey. We use it to monitor and improve the quality of our training.
All our training will:
- be undertaken by skilled and confident trainers
- be based on the best epidemiological and research evidence available
- be evaluated and updated accordingly
- demonstrate gender sensitive practice
- address inequalities
- be multi-faceted and delivered through appropriate partnership working arrangements
Our training supports delivery of the Scottish Government Sexual Health & Blood Borne Virus Framework Outcomes (2015-2020 update):
- Fewer sexually transmitted infections; fewer unintended pregnancies
- A reduction in the health inequalities gap in sexual health
- People affected by blood borne viruses lead longer, healthier lives
- Sexual relationships are free from coercion and harm
- A society and culture whereby the attitudes of individuals, the public, professionals and the media in Scotland towards HIV are positive, non-stigmatising and supportive
We can also adapt and bring training to you:
We are aware that departments/organisations are all under time pressure and find it increasingly difficult to release staff for training. If you have a large group of staff who cannot attend scheduled sessions, we can consider bespoke training to meet the specific needs of your department. For more information, contact us at email@example.com
For more details about the courses, please download our SH & BBV Training Programme 2022 – 2023
Please visit this site regularly for further updates, as we are constantly planning and preparing new training.
You can book our training on this website. Please click below on the training title you are interested in to read a description of the course. The booking form is below the course description. If you experience any problems during the booking of have any queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to welcome you in our training!