Naloxone – Training for Trainers – Dundee Session
- Date: 30/01/2024
- Time: 10:00-16:00
- Address: 4 South Ward Road
- City: Dundee
PLEASE NOTE It is preferable that you be trained to administer Naloxone prior to attending this training which is to supply Naloxone
A ONE DAY in-depth workshop looking at naloxone and the effect it has on reducing drug-related deaths.
Location – Training Room @ Hillcrest Building, 4 South Ward Road, Dundee, DD1 1PN
PARKING IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THE LOCATION – closest car park is Overgate or Bell Street
This training is suitable for staff working directly with people who use drugs, friends and family and community members.
By the end of the session participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of evidenced based overdose prevention and naloxone messages
- Identify observable signs and symptoms of a depressant overdose and advise of the appropriate response accordingly
- Demonstrate the skills and knowledge to provide training and to supply (if applicable) take-home naloxone to people who use opiates
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Tayside Take Home Naloxone programme.
This course will cover the core areas of drug-related deaths on a global, national and local scale and opiate overdose prevention, whilst exploring methods and models of community-based delivery and adult learning.
The training will provide an in-depth look at naloxone, its actions, kit assembly and administration with specific attention to overdose intervention and basic life support with naloxone.
Following this training, participants will be able to train people at risk of opioid overdose /their families etc, in overdose prevention, intervention and naloxone.
Get in touch
If you have any questions please get in touch with the team via email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Book
To book your place, please fill in your information below
Please note: we use Menti, an interactive tool which you will use with your own smart phone and we have free Wi-Fi to connect to – please bring along a smart device which you can use for this