Addressing the Sexual Health Needs of the LGBT Community
- Date: 30/01/2019
- Time: 09:30-16:00
- Address: Room A, Improvement Academy, Ninewells
- City: Dundee
Co-Facilitated by: LGBT Youth Scotland, Terrence Higgins Trust Scotland and SH & BBV MCN
Target Group: All practitioners whose services support LGBT people
Minimum No of Participants: 15
Venue: Room A, Improvement Academy, Ninewells, Dundee
Please bring your own lunch, there are facilities to purchase food at Ninewells. Please park in the multi storey car park at Ninewells.
Aim: To increase awareness of practitioners to the issues relating to sexual health and relationships faced by the LGBT Community and how to support their needs.This training will also highlight best practice examples from across Scotland, using current resources and toolkits.
- Increased confidence working with the LGBT community to support and promote their sexual health, emotional health and wellbeing
- To enable good practice and support for LGBT communities and their families Increased knowledge of risk taking behaviour
- Increased understanding of the barriers faced by the LGBT community accessing health services. How their experiences of discrimination may lead to increased need for additional support
- Highlight the effect that stigma can have on LGBT community looking to access services