Speakeasy Facilitators Training Programme – 3 Day Course
- Date: 20/01/2023 - 24/02/2023
- Time: 09:15-16:30
- Address: Cairn Centre Meeting Room, Cairn Centre, 12 Rattray Street, DD1 1NA
- City: DUNDEE
Facilitated by: Speakeasy
Aim: Speakeasy Facilitators Training will enable you to deliver the Speakeasy course to parents and carers in your local community or work setting. This training is suitable for people with some experience of group based working who are enthusiastic in supporting parents to talk with their children about growing up, relationships, sexual health and wellbeing. As part of our project we are able to offer places on the training free of charge. We will also support you to deliver Speakeasy as outlined in the attached working agreement. If you would like to become a Speakeasy facilitator as part of your current employment, it is required that you have the support of your manager to complete the facilitator’s training and subsequent commitments. Facilitators are required to deliver or set up one Speakeasy course within one year of the training and to commit to delivering one course per year after this.
Venue: Cairn Centre Meeting Room, Rattray Street, Dundee, DD1 1NA
When? The course consists of 3 separate face-to-face sessions which will take place on the following dates –
- Friday 20th January 2023 9.15am to 4.30pm
- Friday 27th January 2023 9.15am to 4.30pm
- Friday 24th February 2023 9.15am to 4.30pm
What is involved? Throughout the training you will complete exercises and worksheets necessary to fulfil the course requirements. In addition there may be a small number of compulsory homework tasks to complete. Days 1 and 2 will provide you with the foundations for delivering the generic Speakeasy course. On completion of days 1 and 2 you will be required to facilitate your first Speakeasy course for parents/carers. This can take place as soon after day 2 as you wish but must take place within 12 months. The delivery of this first course may lie out with your normal remit and could involve partnering other organisations from the training. This is to ensure everyone gets the opportunity to deliver in the time allocated. Day 3 will provide an opportunity to cover the additional Speakeasy sessions that are offered to parents/carers of older children/teens. This will enhance knowledge around young people’s issues as well as enabling you to deliver this additional menu of sessions. On successful completion of the training programme you will gain NHS certification which states you can deliver Speakeasy to parents and carers.
What are the learning outcomes?
By the end of the facilitators training you should have:
- An understanding of the importance of the parental role in helping to develop children’s attitudes, values and knowledge around growing up, relationships & sexual health
- An introduction to the meaning of sexual health, sexuality and the impact of personal values, attitudes and beliefs on delivery of sex education
- An introduction to the Speakeasy approach
- An understanding of Speakeasy session outlines, learning objectives, group and individual activities
- An understanding of the possible difficulties and obstacles in setting up an effective Speakeasy programme and how they might be overcome
Booking a place – Please read the following document carefully – Professionals Training Letter 2023. If you would like to book a place on the training, please fill in the booking form within the document and email it to Linzi McKerrecher on email@example.com
Please note, the cut off for booking onto their course is November 2022