Making Choices Keeping Safe
- Date: 09/09/2021 - 16/12/2021
- Time: 10:00-13:00
Facilitated by: Sexual Health & BBV MCN
Course Assessment: Post evaluation
Mode of Delivery: Online, via Microsoft Teams. This course will be delivered over four online sessions, between September and December 2021. Please note that to receive the certificate, you must attend the four sessions. The date and time of the four sessions is as follows:
- Thursday 9th September 2021, from 10:00 am to 13:00 pm
- Thursday 21 October 2021, from 10:00 am to 13:00 pm
- Thursday 25 November 2021, from 10:00 am to 13:00 pm
- Thursday16 December 2021, from 10:00 am to 13:00 pm
Target Group: Nurses, Social Workers, Teachers, Support Staff working with people with additional support needs as well as parents and carers.
Maximum No of Participants: 15
Aim: This course will increase your knowledge and skills around supporting people with learning disabilities on relationships and sexual wellbeing
- Gain skills and awareness in addressing issues of sexuality
- Address values and attitudes and the impact these have on work
- Increase knowledge of rights, legislation and policy issues
- Understand group work with people with additional support needs
- Highlight key content areas for sex and relationship work with people with additional support needs
- Gain awareness of resources.
There is a requirement for some additional self-directed learning on this course. Information about this will be sent out to participants at least 2 weeks before the first session. These tasks are to be completed on your own or with other course participants. To engage fully with this training and get the most of it, please ensure that you take the time to complete those tasks and come along ready to discuss them. It should take no more than one hour to complete the self-directed learning tasks prior to each session.