Conversations and Condoms: It’s Not all About Condoms, But It’s a Good Place to Start
- Date: 15/09/2020
- Time: 10:00-13:45
- Address: Seminar Room, Kings Cross Hospital, Clepington Road, DD3 8EA
- City: DUNDEE
Facilitated by: Sexual Health & BBV MCN & The Corner
Course Assessment: Pre & post evaluation
Target Group: Anyone who is currently working with young people aged 13 to 25, with an interest in increasing engagement around sexual health and other risk taking behaviours. The course is open to all community, health, social work, criminal justice, housing and third sector professionals, wishing to improve their skills and knowledge on condom provision and sexual health and relationship support. Organisations wishing to become part of the condom distribution scheme for young people should also attend this session.
Minimum No of Participants: 10
Aim: This training will enable you to confidently and competently provide condoms and sexual health and relationship support in a safe, confidential environment.
- Increased understanding of the nature of ‘sexual health’
- Provide a safe and supportive environment for young people to access informal sexual health support
- Feel more confident supporting young people to make informed choices about their sexual health
- Know how to demonstrate effective condom use
- Become familiar with the Condom Distribution Scheme for Young people